Audio Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary
Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary with more than 2,000 key vocabulary items
The First and Last Word in Dictionaries The Audio Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary defines the vocabulary students need to succeed in high school and beyond. Its entries include more than 2,000 key vocabulary items from the content areas of math, the arts, chemistry, earth science, physics, American and... »
Download free trial version...
|... to PC||... directly to the phone|
Top Apps by Mobile Systems, Inc.
OfficeSuite Professional (Android) 7.4.1671
Complete feature-rich mobile office solution for Android
PONS Compact Dictionary English-German-English (Android) 4.3.072
A PONS Compact English Dictionary with about 130,000 headwords and idioms
Concise Oxford German Dictionary (Android) 4.3.069
An Oxford English-German with over 150,000 words and phrases, and over 250,000 translations
The First and Last Word in Dictionaries
The Audio Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary defines the vocabulary students need to succeed in high school and beyond. Its entries include more than 2,000 key vocabulary items from the content areas of math, the arts, chemistry, earth science, physics, American and world history, social studies, language arts, and other disciplines, as well as the more general vocabulary used in academic writing and speech, such as 'analyze,' 'derive,' and 'subsequent.' The dictionary also provides Cambridge pre-recorded audio pronunciations and full coverage of the everyday words and phrases students need to know. It is based on extensive Corpus research and developed with the needs of English learners in mind. Features
- Easy-to-understand definitions make the meanings clear.
- Full-sentence examples show how English is really used.
- Usage notes help students avoid common mistakes.
- Word Family and Word Choices boxes help students expand their vocabulary and choose the right word.
- Reference Pages provide useful information about geography, science, math, literature, and more.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
- Quick dynamic search of words while you type
- Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
- Hyperlinks between different related words
- History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
- Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
- Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
- Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
- Wild card - '?' and '*' replace a letter and group of letters in words
- Fast article scrolling
- Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
- Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature
- Support for memory cards
Update InformationLast updated on 02/17/14